Which is your favourite season? Our favourite is absolutelly spring. Warm weather, sunny days, flowers everywhere and new collections in stores…what’s better? Spring is almost here and with that come lots of spring engagement sessions! Italy is perfect for an spring sessions!
Every couple ask us some advice about an engagement session and we are happy to help them! If you plan an engagement session in spring and you don’t know what to wear this post is for you!
WHAT TO WEAR FOR YOUR SPRING ENGAGEMENT SESSION
Engagement photo session is a huge step in your wedding planning and it is the first professional shooting after you got engaged. Some times this session can seem like a minor detail in the grand scheme of wedding planning but it isn’t! Many couples will use these images for their Save the Date and it’s really important that the enagagement’s style matchs with the whole wedding. Usually newly engaged couples schedule their session from one year to two months before the wedding.
If your engagement session has been scheduled, outfit preparation shouldn’t be left to the last minute. You should invest time in thinking about clothes for both you and your fiancé. A perfect outfit can make a huge difference in your photos which you’ll have forever.
These are some engagement photo style tips with you!
- You can start this process using Pinteres! Create a mood board of clothes and styles you like. All of the individual outfits usually have a theme and seeing the pictures laid out in one place can be very helpful. For example, you might see that you really like sundresses in light colors or elegant sequin dresses.
- We suggest to choose two outfits for the both of you, one casual and one dressier option so you can have two different looks in your photos and a variety of options.
- Accessories are important! Shoes, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, nail polish color… All of these details make a big difference on the final result!
- Anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy will definitely show up in your photos. Wear only clothes that you feel comfortable in and most importantly, reflect your personality.
- Avoid chaotic pattern and big logos on your clothes!
- Think about getting your hair blown out and a professional makeup application for your engagement photo shoot. Don’t forget a mani/pedi.
- Outfits for you and your fiancé can be different colors, patterns and textures as long as they complement each other. if you prefer, your outfits can use similar colors. Try different shades of the same color if you go in this direction.
- Wear colors that complement your skin tone. If you wear a particular color and get lots of compliments from friends, that color works for you! If you put on a color and it makes you look pale, or washed out then it is not the right color for you.
- Girl, be sure to try on your outfits with the right undergarments. Avoid bra straps that pop out and underwear lines.